This is a technology transfer project aimed at acquiring small satellite technologies. The project is conducted with Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) of Surrey University, UK. The project has covered the following:
- The infrastructure necessary for the design and manufacturing of small satellites is established. (clean room, module level workshop, test laboratories and design office).
- BİLSAT satellite is manufactured and injected into the orbit.
- A ground station is established in UZAY for operating the satellite.
- A know-how and technology transfer team is trained in the UK and has actively participated in the design and production phases of the satellite. The team has also assembled, tested and integrated the engineering model of the satellite.
- Two payloads of the satellite are designed and manufactured by UZAY staff in Turkey. The payloads are integrated into the satellite and put into the orbit.